Monday, January 31, 2011


Had a bit of a mishap.
Was doing some fast flight out the back of my house and somehow managed to misjudge a low turn, I smacked the heli in the side of my shed, only just caught the edge of the roof.
Broke both blades and bent the flybar, cracked the main rotor hub and broke two servo's.  The main shaft is badly bent too but thats about it. Not too major and its amazing how long the HXT900 servos have lasted given a couple of ground strikes and nearly 100 or so flights!
New parts on the way as well as a full re-setup of the swash etc.  Should be up and running in the next week or so.

Monday, January 24, 2011

New Canopy

I found an old airbrush while tidying up my garage, so I made an adapter for my compressor and tried to think of something to paint.
So I bought a new white fibreglass Align canopy and did a bit of masking and painted it up in an Orange pearl with chequers.  All painted details no vinyl.
Pic to come.


I've been flying a lot recently, doing a lot of big sky flying mainly.
Lots of fast circuits and just flying around.
Looking at doing a few minor jobs on the heli such as replacing the swash as it has a fair bit of play now.
Also looking at getting a screw pack as a few screws have been stripping there hex heads from being screwed/unscrewed.
Would also like to re-mount the gyro on some decent foam or gel type tape just for the sake of it.
Have replaced the skids with the 450 Pro skids after cutting the old ones down to use as a spacer. Pro skids have a different fixing.

Saturday, January 22, 2011


I bought some Align one piece links for the head, these are called V3 parts as they are an upgrade for the 450SEV2.
Simplifies setup, just needed to resize them a little as they were a bit tight. Well worth the $7!